Many of us have fond memories of purchasing a booster box for our favorite trading card game. Whether it was Magic: The Gathering or Yu-Gi-Oh!, booster boxes always bring the promise of excitement and potential rewards. But are you actually guaranteed a secret rare in a booster box for Pokemon? The answer is a bit complicated. Generally, the answer is no; you’re not guaranteed to find a secret rare in every booster box. However, some retailers will offer special promotions that may guarantee you at least one secret rare if you purchase multiple boxes. In this article, we’ll explore these details more and answer any other questions you may have about finding secret rares in your Pokemon booster box.
What is a Booster Box?
A booster box is a product that contains multiple booster packs. Booster packs are small packets that contain random cards from a specific set. Buying a booster box is the best way to get a lot of cards all at once, and it’s also the cheapest way to get certain rare cards. However, you are not guaranteed to get any rare cards in a booster box.
The Odds of Getting a Secret Rare in a Booster Box
When you purchase a booster box for Pokémon, you have a chance of receiving a secret rare card. The odds of this happening are about 1 in every 144 booster packs, or 1 in every 24 boxes. This means that buying multiple boxes does not guarantee that you will get a secret rare, but it does improve your chances.
If you’re looking to collect all the secret rares in the Pokémon Trading Card Game, then you’ll need to be prepared to open a lot of booster boxes. And even then, there’s no guarantee that you’ll find them all. But don’t worry, the thrill of the hunt is part of what makes playing the Pokémon TCG so much fun!
Ways to Improve Your Chances of Getting a Secret Rare
If you’re a fan of the Pokemon Trading Card Game, then you’re probably always on the lookout for ways to get your hands on rare cards. And while there’s no guarantee that you’ll find a secret rare in every booster box you purchase, there are certainly some things you can do to improve your chances.
Here are a few tips:
1. Buy Older Booster Boxes: One of the best ways to improve your chances of pulling a secret rare is to purchase older booster boxes. Why? Because the odds of finding one are higher in older packs, which have had more time to circulate.
2. Look for Factory Sealed Booster Boxes: Another great way to boost your chances of snagging a secret rare is to look for factory sealed booster boxes. These tend to be more expensive, but they’re also more likely to contain rare cards.
3. Check Out Online Auctions and Stores: If you’re willing to shop around online, you can often find good deals on booster boxes – including ones that are more likely to contain rare cards. Keep an eye out for auctions and stores that specialize in selling Pokemon cards.
4. Try Your Luck at Local Events: Sometimes, local card shops or conventions will hold events where you can win booster boxes as prizes. These are definitely worth checking out if you want a shot at getting your hands on some rare cards!
What Are The Odds Of Pulling A Secret Rare?
When you purchase a booster box, you will get 36 rare cards, 108 uncommon cards, and 216 common cards.
- 1 out of every 72 booster packs contains a “secret rare” card,
- a pack cannot contain more than one secret rare,
- each booster box contains 36 packs, and
- packs in each box are completely random, with no guarantees or restrictions of any kind on particular rarities per box.
How To Guarantee Hits From A Lost Origin Booster Box
When buying a Pokemon booster box, it is important to remember that there is no guarantee you will get a Secret Rare card. However, there are ways to increase your chances of pulling one from a booster box.
First, check the box for any visible damage. If the box is damaged, there is a chance the cards inside will be damaged as well, which decreases the value of the cards.
Second, check the print date on the back of the box. The older the print date, the more likely it is that there will be rarer cards inside. Third, look for boxes that have been stored in a cool, dry place – this will help ensure the cards inside are in good condition.
Finally, ask the seller if they know anything about the booster box – if they bought it recently or opened it themselves, they may be able to tell you if any rare cards were pulled from it already.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of pulling a Secret Rare card from a booster box – but remember, there is no guarantee!
In conclusion, while buying a booster box for Pokemon cards does not guarantee you a secret rare in each box, it is still possible to find them. Secret rares can be found randomly inserted into booster boxes, although the chances of getting one are very slim. If you’re looking for the best chance at getting some of the rarest Pokemon cards on the market, then opening up multiple booster boxes might be your best bet.
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!