I got a Garmin Forerunner 235 several days ago and set up a time on the watch. Everything was okay, but the watch started showing the wrong time after a few hours. I didn’t know why this issue occurred with my Forerunner.
However, I have tried manually setting up the time several times, but it did not help me. After researching the different forums, the Garmin official guide and I fixed it.
The simple step is to ensure that the watch is correctly paired with the Garmin Connect/ Garmin Express. If the watch is paired with your phone or PC, the app will automatically update the time based on your watch based on your device time.
Let’s take a deep look at possible solutions:
How to Fix Garmin Forerunner 235 Wrong time Issues
Here are the steps you should follow to fix the time on your Garmin Forerunner 235.
Set Time on Automatic
While you are facing the wrong time issue with your Forerunner 235, it keeps showing the wrong time; you should ensure that you have enabled automatic time setup from the watch settings.
Once you enable the automatic time setup on your Garmin, it will update the time by catching signals from a satellite.
To turn the auto time set up, follow the below steps:
- Turn on your Forerunner 235.
- Open the menu tab by pressing the runner button.
- In the menu tab, go to Settings> and scroll down to the System option.
- In the system settings, tap the Clock option.
- Then scroll all the way down> and toggle the Set Automatic switch ON.
When you have changed the time settings, the next step will be to check if the GPS technology is enabled on your device.
After enabling the time set to automatic, you will need to ensure that the GPS on your Forerunner 235 is enabled because the automatic time settings will require GPS signals.
However, GPS is used to locate the satellite, and without having proper GPS signals, the watch will not be able to set up the right time.
Although you should enable the GPS and GLONASS, which will help increase the GPS performance.
You can follow the below steps to check GPS settings:
- Select Menu by pressing the runner button.
- Then tap the Activity Settings.
- And go to the GPS> here, and you can enable the GPS+GLONASS option.
Once you have turned these settings, you should ensure that the watch has got set up at the right time and date.
If the time issue isn’t fixed, you should put your watch under the clear sky; to locate the satellite. This way, the watch will find the correct region and update the watch time.
Select Outdoor Activity Profile
Just enabling the GPS will not be enough. You should go outdoors and then select an outdoor activity profile, such as running. Also, you can start an outdoor activity until the watch acquires the GPS signals.
And then wait until the GPS indicator is ready indicator after this, your watch will update your time according to your region time.
The third step you can try to fix the wrong time on your Garmin 235 is that you should set up the time manually.
Turn the Set Automatic time option off and then manually enter the correct time. In this way, you can set up a time on your watch.
Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Go to the Menu> and tap on Settings.
- Then select System> tap on the Clock option.
- Ensure the Set Automatic option is Off.
- After this, tap Set Time and enter the correct time of the day.
Check Software Updates
Once you have tried the above steps but did not get your Forerunner 235 fixed, you should check for software updates on your watch.
The issue can be common if the watch is not running on an up-to-date software version. So, you should install the latest software version to fix the issue.
Installing software or firmware updates helps to ensure your device performance and remove all temporary bugs which might cause issues on the watch.
Check the steps to update your Forerunner 235:
- Open the menu> and then tap on Settings.
- Under the Settings tab, scroll all the way down and tap on System.
- And then tap on Software Update.
- Here you will see the latest update available> tap on Install Now.
- After finishing up the update, the watch will automatically be restarted.
In addition, you can reset your watch if the issue persists; the time can go wrong due to a software glitch or bug.
Resetting is a way which helps to remove all these temporary software glitches, refresh the device and turn it to the factory default settings.
If you have by mistake set up any settings on your watch that are causing the wrong time, after resetting, the watch will turn to default factory settings, and those settings will be disabled.
Note: Before resetting, you should back up all your essential data files because you can not access this data after resetting. Factory reset will wipe all user-entered data and files.
Follow the below steps to reset Forerunner 235:
- Go to the Menu> and scroll down to Settings.
- Then scroll all the way down and tap on System.
- In the system settings, again scroll down and tap on Restore Defaults.
- Select Yes to confirm your choice.
- Garmin Forerunner 235 Keep Connecting and Disconnecting (Fixed)
- How to Connect Garmin Watch to iFIT
- Pair Garmin watch with ZWIFT
- Can Garmin Watch Connect to Peloton (Answered)
- How to reset Garmin Forerunner 35
- Garmin watch stuck on saving
- Garmin watch keeps restarting
- Garmin watch stuck on charging screen
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!