For the last few days, my Fitbit Sense 2 was not charging. But thanks to the internet where I have found ways to fix it.
If your Fitbit Sense is not charging, don’t worry, I am here to help you to fix this problem.
Let’s take a deep look at its possible solutions.
How to Fix Your Fitbit Sense 2 that Is Not Charging
These are things that you should try when you are facing a charging issue with your Fitbit Sense 2.
- You should clean the charging pins and charging port from Fitbit Sense.
- Change the USB port or wall outlet, and then charge your watch.
- You should also factory reset and restart your Fitbit. You must install firmware updates on your Inspire 2.
Clean Charging Ports and Charging Pins
The first thing you should try is cleaning the charging ports and pins of your watch. Because of long usage, dirt can accumulate on the ports and pins, which can stop the electricity from passing through. So, clean them and try to charge.
Follow the steps below to clean them:
Charging Port on Watch
- Take a toothbrush and freshwater.
- Pour some water on the bush and clean the charging port.
- Then use a soft and clean cloth or tissue to dry it.
- Ensure you are not using any metallic item that can scrap plating and damage it.
Charging Pins on Cable
- Take a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Dip the cotton swab into the alcohol and gently clean the charging pins.
- Ensure that there is no dirt left on the pins.
Change Charging Cable
You should also check the charging cable so that it can have some issues. If the charging cable is not passing the electricity, your Fitbit device will not charge. You should change it and use another compatible charging cable.
Also, always use the original Fitbit Inspire 2 charging cable. It is a type A charging cable that supports 2.5 Watts and 5 Volts.
Restart Fitbit Sense 2
If your Fitbit is not charging due to glitches or software issues, you should restart it. Because restarting will fix the glitches and also refresh your device.
It’s easy to restart the Inspire 2, but if you don’t know how to do it. You can follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the side button for 10 seconds
- While the Fitbit logo appears, release the buttons
You can also watch the video to check the other methods to restart it:
Factory Reset Sense 2
Factory reset is also another way to fix your Fitbit inspire 2. If you have caches, glitches, and some minor or major software issues, it can be the reason that’s why your Fitbit is not charging.
The Factory reset will wipe all kinds of history and data on your Inspire 2. You should back up all of your data before doing a factory reset.
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Inspire 2:
- Go to the settings
- Scroll down and then tap on About Sense
- Then scroll all the way down
- Tap on Factory reset
- Tap Yes from the confirmation message
You can also watch a video to understand it completely:
You should also ensure your Fitbit Inspire is up to date. Because un-updated software can have some problems, and that is the reason why your Inspire 2 is not charging.
The latest updates will fix the minor software problems that trouble your device to sync and keep restarting or not charging. It is pretty easy to check and install the latest updates.
If you don’t know, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the Fitbit app
- Tap on the profile icon from the top left corner
- And then tap on Inspire 2 from the paired devices
- Scroll down and tap on Help & support
- Then tap on Check for Update
- You will see “Inspire up to date” if you have updated it
And also, you can watch this video for more details:
Remove Protective Strip
When you have bought a new Inspire 2, you should be careful. Because there is a plastic protective strip on its backside. You should remove this protective strip before charging it.
It causes a hindrance in the charging pins and passing the electricity. It is the reason why your Inspire 2 is not charging.
Change Power Source
Sometimes your power source can have issues, e.g., not providing current. That’s why you should check your power source, and if it is faulty, immediately fix or change it.
How can you check if your power source is not working? You can use another USB port to charge your watch. If the watch is charging in this port, it means your watch is working fine. You can use a few sources, e.g., Computer port, wall adapter, and power bank.
You should always use the UL-certified wall adapter. Because these wall adapters comply with UL safety for the US.
If still your Inspire is not fixed, you should remove it from the charging and re-connect it. Because you may not have connected the charging pins correctly with the charging port.
Follow the below method to connect the charger correctly.
- Plug the charging cable into a USB port or UL-certified wall adapter; you can also use another low-energy charging device.
- Then align the charging pins on the end of the charging cable with the charging port on your Inspire 2.
- Then gently press the Inspire 2 into the charging cable until it snaps into place.
After doing this, you should check carefully if it has started charging. You can also read more about How to plug & unplug Inspire 2?
You can also read:
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!