Last night I plugged my Fitbit Versa 2 into the charger. After 2 hours, when I checked, it was not charged. Suppose it was not plugged correctly. But I checked, and it was connected fine.
After 5 hours of struggling, I found the solutions that have fixed my Versa 2. Don’t worry if you are facing the same issue with your Versa 2. I am here to help you to fix it.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix Fitbit Versa 2 Not Charging?
- Ensure you have charged it at least 30 minutes without interrupting
- Clean charging port on the backside of the watch and pins on the charging cable
- Ensure that it is plugged properly and; the charging pins are aligned with the charging port.
- Check your power source and use another source to charge it.
- Check your Charging Cable
- Restart Fitbit Versa 2
- Factory Reset your Versa 2
- Use the other USB charging port.
- For the new Fitbit, check and remove the protective strip.
Clean Charging Port & Pins
When your Fitbit Versa 2 is not charging, you should check its charging ports and charging pins. Because they can be dirty, and that’s why it is not charging.
If there is dirt on them, you should clean them instantly. This dirt hinders passing through the current from the charging cable to your watch.
You can follow the below steps to do this:
Clean the charging port on the watch
- Take a clean toothbrush and fresh water. Pour some water on the toothbrush and rub it on the charging port at the backside of the watch.
- You should also avoid using any metallic stuff to clean it. Because it can scrap the plating and damage the charging port.
Clean the charging pins on the cable
- Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the charging pins.
- Dip a cotton swab in the alcohol and gently remove debris from the pins.
- Ensure you have removed the dirt completely
Don’t charge your Fitbit Versa 2 if it has moisture or water on the charging ports.
You can also read How to wear and care Fitbit Devices.
Check & Change Power Source
Sometimes your power source can be faulty. And your Versa 2 can not charge due to your power source. You should check your power source and ensure it is working correctly.
If it is not working, you should use other power sources at your home. If you want to check your power source, you should take another device and check if it is charging.
If it is not charging, your power source is not providing current. Insert the charging cable into another power source. And make sure it is working perfectly and your Versa 2 is charging.
If you don’t have a power source issue, you should follow the steps below.
Check USB Charging Port or Wall Adapter
You should check the USB port or wall adapter you currently use to charge your Fitbit Versa 2. Because sometimes, USB ports and adapters can have some issues, and that’s why they do not provide electricity.
You should change the USB port if it is not providing the current. You should use the other port from here if you are charging it with your PC.
You should also use another Wall adapter if you are using it. You can also use the wall USB outlet if you have access.
Check or Replace Charging Cable
A faulty charging cable is another reason if your Versa 2 is not charging. You should check and ensure the charging cable does not have a fault.
Because if the charging cable does not pass through electricity, your Versa 2 is not charging. If you want to fix it, you can replace it, but you should check and verify with another device before replacing it.
Insert the charging cable into the USB port, and the other end of the cable attaches to your other new watch.
If your charging cable is not working, you should replace it. You should buy an original charging cable compatible with your Versa 2.
You can buy it from the official Fitbit site.
Restart Versa 2
In a few cases, your watch can stop charging due to software glitches. In this situation, you should restart your Versa 2.
Because restarting your Fitbit device can help you to remove this issue. And the restart is also helpful when your device is slowing down.
You should follow the steps below to restart it:
- Press and hold the power button from the side of your device
- Let it go when the Fitbit logo appears
If you cannot understand, you should watch this video:
You should also look at the software update for your Fitbit Versa 2. Because sometimes, un-updated software can cause a few issues, e.g., connection issues, battery draining issues, and charging problems.
You should update your Versa 2 instantly if the new version is available. You should follow the steps below to update it.
- You should ensure your Fitbit is charged because updates can take up to one hour to complete.
- While updating software, let the Fitbit app run in the background. Without doing this update may not be downloaded.
- Open the Fitbit app on your device
- Tap on Today> then on profile> and select your Versa 2
- Tap on the pink color Update button; this will only appear when an update is available.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and keep your phone and watch closer to each other.
If you want to check the software version or update your versa 2 with the Fitbit site, visit help.Fitbit.com.
Perform Factory Reset
If your watch faces a software problem that is not fixed by restarting and updating the software. You should perform a factory reset and try to charge it.
Because by performing the factory reset, your device will be refreshed and removes all the glitches. You can follow the steps below to do this:
Note: you should back up your data because you will lose it after a factory reset.
- Open Settings on your watch
- Scroll down and tap About
- Then again, scroll down and tap on Factory Reset
- You should tap Reset from the confirmation message
You can watch this video to understand this method easily:
Remove Protective Strip
You should check for a protective strip if you have bought a new Fitbit Versa 2. Ensure you have removed it from the back of your Versa 2.
Because this is a plastic protective strip and it stops the current from passing through.
Plug it Correctly
You should ensure you have plugged your Versa 2 correctly with the charger. Because sometimes it can not be connected properly, the charging pins are not aligned with the charging port on the back of the watch.
Firstly you should unplug it and then follow the steps below:
- Pinch the clips and place the watch in the charging cradle
- Aligned the charging pins on the cradle with the charging port on your watch
- While it is charging; the percentage of charging will appear on the screen
You can read How to plug Versa 2 and check its battery level.
You should also read:
Fitbit Luxe not Charging (Fixed)
Fitbit Sense 2 not charging (Fixed)
Fitbit Inspire 2 not charging (Solved)
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!