It is very frustrating when your smartwatch is not charging. As I was also facing this problem with my Garmin Vivoactive 4. And thanks to the internet where I have found solutions that helped me a lot to fix it.
If you are facing a charging problem with your Garmin Vivoactive 4. Don’t worry because I am going to share its solution.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix Garmin Vivoactive 4 Is Not Charging?
These are the methods that you should try.
- You should keep plugged in your Vivoactive for at least 30 minutes without interference.
- Check and clean debris from the charging port and charging pins
- Change your power source and use a compatible source
- Check USB socket/ port; use another if it is not working
- Ensure the charging cable is working correctly
- Restart your Garmin Vivoactive 4 and update the software
- Perform a factory reset
- If your Vivoactive is new, you should remove the protective strip from the back of the watch
Keep Plugging it Without Interference.
Before starting a detailed solution, you should plug your Garmin Vivoactive for about 30 minutes without interference. After 30 minutes, check and ensure it is charging.
It is because sometimes its battery can be completely drained, so you should charge it without interference.
Or sometimes, if you are trying to use Vivoactive after several months, you should also do the same method and charge it for at least 30 or 40 minutes without any trouble.
If it is not charging, you should follow the steps below.
Clean out Debris
A common reason why your Garmin Vivoactive 4 is not charging is that debris and dirt can accumulate on the charging port and pins. No matter if your watch is old or new, dirt can accumulate on both.
You should ensure your watch is clean if dirt is on the charging ports. You should instantly clean the charging ports and then try to charge your Vivoacitve.
You can follow the below steps to clean the charging ports:
- You should take a clean toothbrush and use it to clean loose dirt
- You can also use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol
- Pure alcohol on a cotton swab and clean charging pins from the charging cable.
- Ensure you have cleaned them properly and no dirt remains
- Clean charging port with a clean tissue or soft clean cloth
Don’t try to charge your watch while it is wet or moist inside the charging port or pins.
Change Power Source
You should also check your power source and ensure it provides electricity to your Garmin watch. If there is an issue with your power source, you should use another power source to charge the watch.
Because sometimes the power sources can have issues. As they do not provide or provide power, that is not enough to charge the watch.
You can use a computer, power bank, and a USB socket to charge your Vivoactive 4.
Check USB Socket
You should also ensure that the USB socket/ port works correctly and provides a current to charge your watch.
Sometimes it stops providing electricity due to any reason. That is why you are facing this issue. Your Garmin watch is not charging.
You should use another USB port on your computer. And also, you can use another USB socket and wall adapter from your home. If you use a wall adapter, ensure it is a Garmin-certified adapter.
Because other local wall adapters can damage your watch’s hardware.
Check or Replace Charging Cable
You should also check your charging cable and ensure it is providing current. Because it can be burned or stopped providing electricity due to a reason.
You should ensure it is working correctly; if it has an issue, you should use another charging cable compatible with Vivoactive 4.
You can also replace it with a new USB cable. And also, contact Garmin customer support to ask about its warranty or replacement process.
Restart Vivoactive 4
You should also fix the software issues that your Vivoactive 4 is facing. Sometimes software glitches can stop the charging process of your Garmin watch.
Firstly you should restart your Garmin watch, and then you can charge it. It is not much difficult to restart Garmin Vivoactive 4, but if you don’t know; you should follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button
- Let it go while you see a menu option
- Tap on the power off icon from the top of the screen
- Tap yes to confirm it
- Press the power button again to turn it back on
If you want to force restart your Garmin watch, you can watch this video:
If your Garmin Vivoactive 4 runs on an outdated software version, you should update it instantly. Because the outdated version is also a reason why your Garmin watch is not charging.
And the software update is also helpful for using the latest features and improved security on your device. You can follow the steps below to do this:
- Press and hold button right button to open the menu
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings icon
- Scroll all the way down and tap on System
- Scroll down again and tap on Software Update
- Tap Yes to install an update
You should watch this video to install software updates on your Garmin Vivoactive 4.
If your Garmin Vivoactive 4 is still not charging, you should also look to perform a factory reset. Because you can remove glitches and caches from your device by performing a factory reset.
Factory reset is also beneficial if your device is not responding; it is slowed down, and functions are not working correctly.
Note: You should back all your data and important files because a factory reset will wipe all data and files besides the glitches or caches.
You can follow the steps below to do this:
- Hold down the back button for a few seconds to access the menu
- Then scroll down and tap on the Settings icon
- Then from the settings, scroll all the way down and tap on the system
- Scroll down again and select Reset
- There will be a couple of options you should tap on Delete data and Reset settings
Wait for a few seconds until your Vivoacitve 4 completes the reset process.
Remove Protective Strip
If you have bought a new Garmin Vivoactive 4, you should ensure you have removed the protective strip from its backside.
It is for protection purposes, and you should remove it while you have purchased it. It hinders passing through the current from the charging cable to your watch.
If you have already removed it and it is still not charging, you should follow the steps below.
While you have implemented all the above methods to fix your Garmin Vivoactive 4, it is still not working. It means that your watch has a hardware issue. You should look for an expert mechanic to help you fix it.
You can also contact Garmin Support if you want to replace it or ask them for its warranty. They will thoroughly guide you if a warranty is available for your Vivoactive 4.
You can also read:
Garmin Fenix is Not charging (Solved)
Garmin Fenix Keeps disconnecting (Fixed)
Garmin Forerunner 35 not charging (Solved)
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!