Garmin manufactures great smartwatches and fitness trackers according to their performance. But sometimes, you can experience a few issues with your Garmin device.
If your Garmin watch is stuck on the charging screen. It is not a common problem, but don’t worry; I will share its possible solutions today.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix Garmin Watch Stuck on Charging Screen?
These are the fixes that you should try to fix on your Garmin watch.
- Firstly you should force restart your Garmin watch
- Reconnect your Garmin watch on charging
- You should also replace the battery
- Perform a factory reset on your watch
- Try to update the Garmin watch’s software
- Replace the motherboard & contact Garmin customer support to fix the hardware issue
You should first try to force restart your Garmin watch. This method can be helpful for your Garmin watch. Because it helped many Garmin users that were facing this issue.
You can also force restart your watch if it is stuck on saving, waiting for GPS and charging screen.
You should follow the steps below to restart the Garmin watch.
Having Physical Button
- Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds
- Let it go while the watch restarts
You can visit the Garmin owner’s manual if you don’t know where the power button is on your device.
Don’t have Physical Buttons.
If you have a Garmin watch that does not have a physical button. You should try the following method.
- Insert the USB charging cable into the power source
- Plug your watch into the charger
- After 60 seconds, instantly remove it from the charger
This process may cause an internal restart on your Garmin watch. And now you can check your watch to see if it is fixed.
If the watch is still stuck on the charging screen, you should keep following the steps below.
Reconnect Charging Cable
You should also reconnect your watch on the charging if it is stuck on the charging screen. Because your watch can not plug properly on the charging.
You should unplug your watch and then plug it into the charging. If you want to know how to plug a Garmin watch on charging. You should follow the steps below:
- Insert one side of the charging cable into the power source
- And hold the other side of the cable and align it with the charging port on the watch
- Press it gently into the charging port
- You will feel a little vibration while it connected correctly on charging
Your Garmin watch can be stuck on the charging screen due to software glitches or caches. You should perform a factory reset on your Garmin watch.
Performing a hard/ factory reset will wipe out all the glitches and caches. It makes your watch a new one.
Note: Ensure you have back your important data because a factory reset will wipe all data, and you cannot reaccess it.
You should follow the below steps to perform a factory reset:
- Ensure your watch is powered off; turn it off as we discussed above
- Press and hold the Back/ Lap button
- Then press the power button to turn it on, and keep holding back/ lap button
- Release the Back/ Lap button once the Clear User Data message appears on the screen
- Select yes to confirm it
You can also read How to perform reset on a Garmin device?
If your Garmin watch is still stuck on the charging screen. You should ensure you have installed the latest software update. Because it can be a software glitch, and that’s why your watch is stuck on the charging screen.
Your device is unresponsive, but you can update it from the Garmin connect app and Garmin Express.
You can follow the below steps to update your watch.
Garmin Connect App
- Install the Garmin app on your phone and log into your account
- Pair your Garmin watch with an app
- When a new update is available Garmin Connect app will automatically send it to your device
- Then tap on Instal Now
- Select Yes to confirm
- Log into the Garmin Express on your PC
- Connect your watch to your PC via a charging cable
- Then select your watch
- Then Garmin Express will display the available updates
- Tap on Install/ Install All
You can read the detailed process of How to update the Garmin watch with Garmin Express?
You should also look at the battery for your Garmin watch that is stuck on the charging screen. If its battery is dead, you can face such an issue, e.g., stuck on the charging screen, battery draining etc.
If all the above methods do not help you to fix your Garmin watch. Your watch can have a motherboard issue. It can require replacing the motherboard.
It is a very simple and easy process to replace the motherboard yourself. It’s about 5 minutes required to change it completely.
If you want to change it yourself, you should read the Garmin motherboard replacement article.
It would be a hardware issue if none of these worked for your Garmin watch. That can only be fixed by Garmin itself. You should visit the official Garmin site www.garmin.com.
And also, you should contact Garmin customer support. You can ask them about the Return/ Replacement policy.
You can also read:
Garmin Vivoactive 4 Not Charging (Solved)
Garmin Fenix is Not charging (Solved)
Garmin Fenix Keeps disconnecting (Fixed)
Garmin Forerunner 35 not charging (Solved)
Inkcue brings to you the latest and best in tech industry with reviews, buyer’s guide, technical know-how and problem solving. Our aim is to provide a one-stop guide to all your technological needs and to simplify the process of purchasing them. Cheers Amigos!